Sunday, March 22, 2015

SPRING FEVER!!

It is getting closer to April and I am super excited for the nice weather!  We had a taunting of good weather a couple of weeks ago, so getting back down to the 20's has not been fun!  :(

Testing is right around the corner, so I am working feverishly to get my kiddo's ready for that big day!  I found this cool gimmic on TPT.  It's called Game Day Test Prep.  I am going to be starting that in the next couple of weeks to get my students prepared.  I LOVE it!  Totally worth the purchase!

We also have an intervention time that is intentional, purposeful and specific to the needs of the students in our classroom.  We call it W.I.N. time.  I know that I have written about this before, but it is SO powerful for my students!  They get 6-8 days of purposeful practice on concepts that they are struggling on.  Researchers say it takes 6-7 times of practice on the same concept for some of your struggling students to "get it".  This is a way that I am giving them that time in my class. 

This weekend I have finished another unit for our W.I.N. time.  It is on answering word problems.  How fitting for the testing season, right?  :)

It is free for the next 24 HOURS and then it will go to it's regular price.  So stop by and check it out at my TPT store!  :)



We are almost to the counting down stage of the year, I hope it is all going well for you and that you have found some useful tools today!

Blessings,

Rachel
Thrilled in Third

No comments:

Post a Comment